Sunday, September 09, 2007
Forced Potty Training
(not his potty - just a funny picture)
Things I love about Ian this week:
1. The way he calls curt while he is at work on his fake cell phone and says: dada you ome?
2. The way he puts all his tools in the trailer of his bunda and then pretends to fix it.
3. The way he kept saying "bye bye hammer" so sadly after he threw it down the vent in the kitchen.
4. The way he loves to read all the new tractor books that aunt ashley sent him, over and over and over (one is especially good at getting him to do almost anything in order to hear it again).
3. How cute his little little bum looks in his little Thomas the Train underwear.
Which leads me to the real reason for this post. For the last couple of weeks Ian has decided that he wants to go to the bathroom on the toilet - and who am I to say no to that (although in my head I wasn't going to have to deal with potty training for at least another six months or more and I feel totally pressured into it and unprepared)? He does really great when he is running around the house naked (his preference), or with very little on but as soon as he has undies and shorts on he forgets altogether that he is supposed to go in the toilet. Has anyone else had this potty training problem? Please please please tell me all your potty training secrets - I need some good tricks.
On another note - I won this amazing virtual baby shower on this mom-blog that I love. Check out all the great stuff - the indulgent and the practical kind of stuff that all makes me happy. It has already started coming in the mail and it is like Christmas everyday - I love it.