Monday, March 31, 2008
Here is Ian finding curt's easter basket for him (Ashley made both Curt and James bunny baskets so they could fit in with Ian and me - thank you ash you are the b-e-s-t!). Curt said that the Clay tradition of hiding baskets is really irritating and why can't he just have his basket with out having to search for it. I'm sure after a few more years he'll warm up to it.
James played with his basket for a while. It was easy to grag and pull over his face, over and over.
Amy and Eric graciously let us come to dinner despite the contagious pink eye - and the kids had lots of fun playing, as always. The older kids put on an egg hunt for the younger kids and then had an egg hunt of their own.
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Friday, March 21, 2008
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
My favorite things about the boys this week:
1. ian calls james "his jamesy" when ever he refers to him. for example, in nursery on sunday he told his teacher his mom and his jamesy were coming to get him. lately he has done such a great job wanting to hold and play with james.
2. ian's latest favorite is his puzzles. he has a 24 piece dinosaur puzzle he loves and we just bought a 48 piece floor puzzle that he wants to do 3 times a day.
3. james is so smiley - you literally just have to look at him and smile and he will grin at you. he also discovered himself in the mirror and had the biggest smile.
4.james slurps - on as many fingers as he can get in his mouth and sometimes on his thumb.
Wednesday, March 05, 2008
It is pretty lucky that cherie is only an hour away when the rest of our family is on the other side of the country. I'm glad she is close.
Monday, March 03, 2008
He likes to play with james, too (that is his head in front making james laugh).
I'm pretty sure this isn't the video where ian uses james' face as his thomas the tank engine train tracks - we'll save that one for another post.
Sunday, March 02, 2008
We accidentally promised ian that we would get to see sharks there (it turns out that the Baltimore aquarium spoiled us and ruined all other aquariums for us from here on out). The closest he got to seeing a shark was standing here next to a painting on the wall comparing how tall you are to a sixgill shark.
Pretty much the best pictures we got were taken right outside the aquarium at the waterfront.
Things I love about ian right now:
- the way he is always concerned that james is near - the first thing he says when he wakes up from his nap is "james michael leonard?"
- when james is hanging out kicking his feet on the floor ian purposely gets in the way and then is genuinely mad when james "kicks" him
-how everything is his "favorite", he "loves it so much", or he has to go pee "so bad mom, so bad"
-the way he falls off his chair 3 times at dinner every single night and never learns not to stand up
- his favorite book this week is "A good day" by kevin henke, and he walks around quoting it
- he gives me slobber kisses and big hugs all day long (especially when I am nursing)