Tuesday, August 07, 2007

My crafty summer

I have been nesting all summer. June all i wanted to do was sew things for Ashley's little Parker - who should be showing up any day now.

Some Bitty Booties. (I made some headbands from the free pattern off this site as well).
Some bibs that Michelle taught me how to make - super easy.
And a nursing cover-up kind of thing (patterned after Hooter Hiders) with this material.
While i was in NY I wanted my mom to teach me a little more about sewing so I did another project for Ashley/Parker but I can't post it because I haven't sent it yet. But my greatest discovery was an old quit top that my great grandmother had hand sewed while she was still alive - my mom helped me make it into a quilt and I think of Gran everytime I see it.
If anyone has any ideas for baby boy sewing projects let me know - for some reason they don't excite me as much....

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I love all the stuff you made for me, I can't wait for her to be here so I can start using them! I found some patterns for more stuffed animals. I am not sure why I am so obsessed with making her stuffed animals, she's going to think her mom was weird when she gets older. I will keep my eyes open for boy projects!

acl said...

Oooh send me the patterns - I was just thinking that has to be my next thing - making stuffed animals for a mobile...

brooklyn said...

no way!!! you have no idea how impressed i am right now.