Monday, March 29, 2010

San Juan Island Day 1

I have been wanting to go to the San Juan Islands since we moved here. When I was 9 my family took a boating trip up here - 6 families, six boats - we launched them in Anacortes and boated through the islands sleeping in the marinas, catching crabs, digging for clams, and ending up at the Vancouver BC World Fair. I am sure at 9 I didn't appreciate how amazing that trip was - but I remember enough to know that I would love going back, and this weekend did not disappoint.
Here we are on the ferry to Friday Harbor.

We stayed in this farm house on San Juan Island that overlooked that water and had a bit of a beach to play on.

Not to mention a huge yard to play in, an orchard and a huge fire pit. It was amazing.

Even though we didn't get there until 3 or 4 the boys had fun playing outside while we waited for the Penrods to arrive.


James fell in the mud about a thousand times - apparently throwing rocks in the water is a dangerous past time.

No comments: