Sunday, October 24, 2010

Halloween I

Yay for Halloween parties! Admittedly, it was a bit stressful getting costumes completed more than a week before Halloween,especially when you make the mistake of reading your kids Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone too close to Halloween and your 5 yr old insists, insists, insists on being Fluffy the 3-headed dog. Actually, I think I might be being punished for making them go as skeletons, which were really pajamas, last year (best/easiest costumes ever).
Here they are being scary.

In addition to picking their own costumes - this was also the first year for face paint.



We went to the church for a Halloween Carnival and Trunk-or-treat.




Ian, Kinley, James and Maya - checking out what they got at the trunk-or-treat and totally taking advantage of the fact that we weren't paying attention to how much candy they were inhaling.

When I was young my dad used to take a "tax" of our Halloween candy when we came in from trick-or-treating - I'm just realizing how brilliant that is...

4 comments:

Jenn said...

My dad would too! He would call it his 'tithing'! We actually had to count it all out and then give him 10%! lol. ANd it couldn't be all the yucky stuff we gave him! :)

Paulyandmeg said...

Oh my gosh those costumes are so cute! I especially like Fluffy..haha that's so awesome Ian wanted to be a character from HP.

Kathy Clay said...

Ian looks ferocious! James looks very spooky! Great job Amy. Wish I could have carved pumpkins with you all.

SMClayJr said...

It was great fun. There would be taxes when you returned, then I would take the leftover candy we hadn't given away and we would have a giant barter session swapping candy so everyone got what they wanted and traded what they didn't want. I don't remember how much we ate during the trading process but it was a lot.
Dad